Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not ready at ALL....

OK, so I was sitting in Sacrament meeting this morning singing the opening Hymn when it hit me..Two weeks from today is Skyler's missionary farewell, that means 17 days and we take him to the MTC, can I just say I am soooo not ready to have him be gone for two years. As the flood of emotion came over me I watched the cute little kids sitting on the bench in front of us and reflected back to when my kids where that small. I remember the folder games, the picture books, the crayons and the coloring books, trucks making their way over the top of my hair and face and all the cheerios..I miss those days mainly because I still had plenty of years ahead with my kids. I have so many emotions that surface every time I think about Skyler being a missionary, I know he is doing what the Lord wants him to do and he is so ready to get out there and teach the people of Tahiti, but the selfish MOM in me wants my baby close to me always, I know we will be blessed to have him serve in the mission field and I know he will be blessed for serving also. Sorry for the rambling on it has been an emotional day and I don't see it getting any easier in the coming weeks :(

3 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Your thoughts brought tears to my eyes, it seems like just yesterday we were getting ready to send Alan to Brazil and now it's my grandson's turn! My how time flies! He will be a great missionary and he will make you proud to say he's your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers. We'll help you get through this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the farewell went wonderfully. We will definitely have you all in our prayers this week and for the next two years. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete