Monday, February 2, 2009

Called To Serve


I have dreamed about this day for a long time...it finally came on December 19,2008. Skyler received his mission call. We had family and friends gather at our house that night. I had a map of the world on the wall and each person got to put their guess in for where they thought Skyler would be called to. It was so fun to see all of his friends and family take a guess at where they thought he would go, Skyler himself guessed Omaha, Nebraska because he had a dream that was where he was going, boy was he a long way off. When he opened the call, he laughed and danced around, he was soooo excited. As he read the call he announced he would be serving in the Papeete, Tahiti mission, entering the MTC on March 11 2009, his 19th birthday. I am so proud to be Skyler's mom and excited for him to have this opportunity to serve the Lord and grow. We Love You Skyler!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! We are so excited for Skyler. He will be an awesome missionary!!! And HELLO you are a pro at MM. Give me lessons! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Amy and Kirsche, I think we need a bloggers night out so that you guys can show everyone the tricks of blogging. I'm a blogging Bonehead went it comes to doing all the fun little things you guys do. Like the little scrapbook type picture. (how do you do them I'd like to know) if you'll pass on your secrets. Way cute Amy. Congrats Skyler. Marla

    ReplyDelete